We are a team of highly diverse, awesome individuals looking for a frontend developer to help build our product.
Orlo is a young and vibrant Birmingham based tech company. Founded in 2012, Orlo has now grown into the UK’s leading social media management tool used by leading brands such as; Ocado, Virgin Trains, Mercedes Retail Group, Cineworld and Manchester Council. We are a team of highly diverse, awesome individuals looking for a frontend developer to join our family and help build our product.
Our frontend stack is an angular 4+ / angularjs hybrid webapp written with all the best practises in mind. We also have a cordova mobile app created using the ionic framework. We use all the latest tools and technologies to build our product such as npm, typescript, webpack, karma / mocha / chai, less and bootstrap.
What we’d like from you
- 2+ years experience with a modern component based frontend framework such as angular, react or vue (it’s not a problem if you don’t know angular, we’ll teach you!)
- Must be able to write modern HTML / CSS (we love flexbox!) to create pixel perfect layouts from designs
- The ability to write easily testable code with good test coverage for every feature and bug
- Able to use git effectively to manage source code
- A strong knowledge of REST and the ability to weigh in on backend API designs
- Excellent communication skills to be able to liaise with other members of the team
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Remote working and flexitime
- A budget to buy or build your own computer
- Company sponsored trips to conferences and an allowance to buy learning resources to help you grow as a developer
- Time to open source any reusable components that you build, that can benefit the wider community
- The opportunity to work on a product used daily by thousands of customers to manage their social media
- A fun and inclusive office with all the coffee and tea you can drink. Our recently revamped offices are based right in the city centre of Birmingham
- An employee pension scheme
Think this role is for you? Email us at [email protected].